Pinhole leaks and condensate trap in Glowworm 30cxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a Glowworm 30CXi Boiler and have had two repeating problems with it.

Firstly a piece of plastic tubing in the system has developed a pinhole leak. This is the second separate piece of the plastic piping in the boiler which has developed such a leak. My plumber replaced the first one and it cost over 100 pounds for the replacement bit alone (this the proper price, I went to buy the replacement from a shop myself as my plumber did not have time to fetch it).

Would it be possible to cure the pinhole leak by using some kind of solvent or glue to locally melt and resolidify the plastic. The hole is absolutely tinyso a small amount of melt would cure it. These pinhole leaks are a real expensive pain.

Secondly the condensate trap keeps blocking every couple of months which causes the system to over flow and leak out instead of draining through the normal outlet pipe. I have to undo the blue cap behind the display/ control panel to clear out small black particles, which I assume are soot. This cures the problem until it gets blocked again.

Could we be running the system too hard? My wife has long hair and it takes a good while for her to wash it...

Any ideas appreciated on either problem? I would be interesting to know if anybody else has similar issues...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back