BAL WP1 - Use membrane sheet on walls or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

I've just purchased a BAL WP1 Shower Tanking Kit. The instructions refer to the tape being used for joints and the matting being used for floors.

I'm using the bath to capture the water so don't have a floor to line. Question is, because it's going onto bare plasterboard do I use the matting on the walls for extra protection (PLASTER => BAL => MATTING => BAL) or is this going too far?

Queue images of Frank Spencer with sticky WP1 stuck to everything and the matting ripped to shreds...

Advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Rob.

Sponsored Links
No ,do as they instruct ,
You firstly paint the walls with Bal Prime APD primer then leave to dry (takes under an hour)

You then paint the acrylic based waterproofer onto all the corners of the enclosure.

Then stick the polyester tape onto the freshly waterproofed corners and then completely paint over the tape and the rest of the enclosure with the water proofer. :)
a very good guide here

http://www.ytc-tiles.com/articles/bal-tiling-guide.pdf

make sure Betty keeps making you cups of tea;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back