Balanced flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi is a balanced flue anything special ? dose it have to be certain length etc

I have an old oil fired boiler for the workshop heating.

next door is a open vented un used barn room

The boiler is going to be installed in this room but my question is do I need a flue ?

or can I run 2 sizes of flexi pipe work inlet air longer than exhaust ? or am I wrong in thinking ?

do I need a flue atall ?

Thanks

Tommy

Sponsored Links
Ha Ha got to be a wind up this one. Sorry. does the boiler have a flue at the moment, it will answer your question if it has.

Ha Ha got to be a wind up this one. Sorry. does the boiler have a flue at the moment, it will answer your question if it has.

No it dose not have a flue atm I bought it second hand to heat workshop Hence the question do I need to buy one ? or dose it need to have one connected to run if its in a open vented barn .

That's why I was asking the questions if it was 2 bits of pipe inlet and exhaust .

please remember I don't have a clue about this ...this is why I am asking you guys for advice .

Thanks

Tommy

Sponsored Links
Hi dan its just a farm outbuilding but only has 3 sides not sealed room

Thanks

Tommy

I do hope it meets todays energy standards to be able to install it!
Your taking the mick im sure

I do hope it meets todays energy standards to be able to install it!
Your taking the mick im sure

Not taking the mick mate !

I thought I could do all the pipe work and get local guy to check over and connect the fuel feed and return ?

dose it need to meet regs in a workshop ?

Thanks

The obvious question is why would you attempt to heat a three sided building? :rolleyes:

Maybe if you actually read the first post you would see I said "Next room is the 3 sided building where the boiler was going to be situated"

Before you try to rip the **** please read :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's ok now as you are going to hire a professional to sort you out, aren't you?

James.

I am going to have a pro look over everything and do the final set up /checks and any alterations that's required .

I am very confident and take a lot of pride in my work the reason I am asking all these questions . I will also check the building regs for boiler and flue positioning .

So could someone answer the first question please

Is a balanced flue just 2 separate pipes one for exhaust and one for inlet air to the burner ? Longer inlet I would presume unless it recycles exhaust gasses ?

do they need to be a certain min length ?

I am only asking this as I am a motorsport engineer/fabricator and could make the flue for cheaper than what I could buy one

Thanks for any input

Tommy

Only flues recommended by the boiler manufacturer must be used. If you are getting a chap round, let them advise of what flue is required.

James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back