BalloFix valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just fitted a ballofix vavle and filled up with no leaks as i was tiding up ~I notice a direction arrow on the ballofix vavle, i thought you could fit them anyway round...does it matter as i really dont want to drain down and turn the vavle round if i dont have to..its only a 15mm vavlue that you turn on and off with a screw driver...does it matter!!

Sponsored Links
I don't think it matters really.

It's just a case that if you want to shut the valve and cut down stream of the arrow you 'should' be ok, but it's always worth checking if you are not sure.

I don't think you will have a problem with it, but I am sure someone somewhere will disagree.

Sorry Adam, if it's just cheapo iso valves you have fitted it does matter what way you fit them, you must have the water flow going with the arrow.
If you remove one & look inside it will come apparent why.

ok had a look inside and its the same both ends just a ball, that actually turns right round, they where not the cheap ones i got them from the local plumbers merchent...any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
on closure insepection there are slight groves in the directionof flow end so i will swop them dont want them popping off in the night eh!

ok had a look inside and its the same both ends just a ball, that actually turns right round, they where not the cheap ones i got them from the local plumbers merchent...any thoughts?

ISTR that there's an 'O' ring seal at one end only, to save costs.

Installed the wrong way round, the O-ring is downstream and water leaks through the spindle. Or something like that.

they where not the cheap ones i got them from the local plumbers merchent...
I love naivety.

To date this year I have sold around 60,000 Chinese imported 15mm chrome iso valves, mainly to 'local merchants'.
Add to that the other distributors around the country, also selling to local merchants. That's a lot of allegedly not cheap 15mm isos fitted.

They are at greater risk of failing when closed if fitted contra to the direction flow arrow.

Thanks for all your help guys....

and the guy who sells the cheap leaky ballofix, you must be very proud of yourself.

Confuscious , he say man with cheap ballofix like cheap hotel - no ballroom :mrgreen:

.......and the guy who sells the cheap leaky ballofix, you must be very proud of yourself.

He sells them because people buy them. If he offered well-made, expensive ones, they'd be on his shelves for years.

......., they where not the cheap ones i got them from the local plumbers merchent...any thoughts?

They were cheap when the plumbers' merchant bought them. They were expensive when he sold them to you.

We've all been to that merchants. Once.

and the guy who sells the cheap leaky ballofix, you must be very proud of yourself.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I run a £14 million per annum sales department. We issue very few credits for faulty goods.

Cheap does not always mean cr*p. You've just bought one, but you think it is decent quality because you think you paid decent quality price.

He sells them because people buy them. If he offered well-made, expensive ones, they'd be on his shelves for years.
We stock iso's by Conex, Pegler, Kuterlite, Tectite, plus full bore ones and WRAS approved ones. Also full bore lever and T-handle valves by Pegler, Tectite, XPress and Altecnic.

There's plenty of choice from, Rolls Royce to Lada. As Onetap suggests, which do you think sells fastest?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I run a £14 million per annum sales department. We issue very few credits for faulty goods.

Cheap does not always mean cr*p. You've just bought one, but you think it is decent quality because you think you paid decent quality price.

That's maybe because no one brings them back.

"oh it was only cheap, throw it way, I'll buy them from somewhere else next time."

I'm not having a pop, but Im sure a lot of people put these things down to experience. ESP only if a few quid.

I'll buy them from somewhere else next time.
If that was the case do you think we'd be selling roughly 100,000 per year?

You'd be surprised how petty some people can be re getting credits.
I've got a nob witholding payment for an invoice for over a grand over a 2 quid discrepancy which he's not got a leg to stand on over as it was quoted for and the quote accepted in writing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back