Banging Boiler Prima F

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler has begun to make banging noises before tripping out. It has only just started (last few days) and has given me little problems to this point.

History:
HW tank replaced a few months ago by qualified fitter. All rads worked fine. CH thermostat system not always worked properly - refusing to shut down when desired temp. Warm weather has meant that CH not operated - however brief cold snap triggered CH. Problems began.

Boiler tripped out. When reset only rads upstairs worked - downstairs are cold. No apparent air in system when rads bled. Boiler heats for a short while before tripping after loud banging noises.

I know there is little I can do with insufficient skills or knowledge - but I do need plenty of advice/reasons/causes before calling an engineer. I am new to this area and have not yet established any quality engineers and don't fancy being on the end of some cowboy.

Sponsored Links
Suspect your pump has died....can you feel it spinning when the heating is on?

Thank you for the reply and help but you will have to forgive my ignorance. Do you mean the pump inside the boiler unit? If so then I don't hear any sound

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back