Bare plaster emulsion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know anything about this paint? Apparently Dulux do one, seals the plaster ready for painting. Or is it another marketing gimmick and I'm better sticking with using PVA to seal before using normal emulsion?

Sponsored Links
NEVER use PVA! Dulux do a plaster sealer if that's what you are thinking of, however a Matt Emulsion thinned with approx 20% water is really all you need.

Dec

Ooops, I've used PVA - recommended by members here and other people I know!... why not then, it seams to make the first coat take better than watered down paint cos I've tried that aswell!??

Well you may be lucky, yet it remains very possible that your paint system will crack and craze. If that does occur? Post back for more advice. Never use PVA under any paint system.

Dec

Sponsored Links
No, well, only just in middle of 2nd coat, but used b4 and never had that problem. Wonder why members on this forum advised that hen?

No, well, only just in middle of 2nd coat, but used b4 and never had that problem. Wonder why members on this forum advised that hen?

Would you care to show us where?

(didn't think so)

Ooops, I've used PVA - recommended by members here and other people I know!... why not then, it seams to make the first coat take better than watered down paint cos I've tried that aswell!??
Oops indeed; you should never use PVA to prime new plaster. The paint wont cover that well or adhere properly to the plaster. Over time it may start to crack & peel & if you stick wallpaper over it, chances are most of the paint will come off with the paper when some poor unsuspecting soul removes it in the future. Never tile over standard PVA either.

I don't remember seeing anyone on here recommending pva to seal new plaster before emulsioning,, in fact, anyone that did would have been shot down in flames. The overwhelming opinion on this forum is, NEVER seal new plaster with pva,,,, always use a thinned down trade matt emulsion to seal the plaster first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back