Basic regs for socket locations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put a single socket in some framing that will end up about 60-70mm from an external corner and wondered what if any regs there were concerning location? It's not an ideal solution but just a difficult location. (Old victorian single brick partition wall. If I try to chop out a brick it will damage the wall too much.)

I can put it in a 'better' location but then it would most likely mean there would be a longer trailing cable to whatever may be pluged into it.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Part M only applies to new builds - certainly has no relevance whatsoever to adding accessories to existing installations.

Dawdle - the regs you need to concern yourself with are those for concealed cables.And don't forget that the socket will need to be on an RCD even if the cable doesn't.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back