BASICS!!! brake light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to change the nearside brakelight in my 53 reg fiesta. It has the vertical light unit up the sides of the boot. On looking at the light unit, it appears the way to gain access is to remove 2 stardrive screws which live under the bonnet when closed, then the plastic part pulls off. I can see no access cover inside the car (not easily removable anyway)

Anyone had experience of this car?

P21/5W <<is this the right bulb? (It seems to have 2 filaments? Dual function brake and tail light?) And are Osram any good as car bulbs?

Sponsored Links
Brake lights under the bonnet :eek:

Have you not got a handbook for it?

oops under the boot lid lol. surely you knew what i meant. and no, no handbook. it was second hand. :(

Have you tried removing the screws to see if the lens will separate from the car body? Not sure on what type of lamp you need - can you take the old one out and take it with you to your local motor factors? Halfrauds have a chart for most cars or you can get a lamp kit.
Osram are OK, Lucas are too. Most motor factors also do a range of their own lamps.

Sponsored Links
Probably all the same
open tailgate, remove 2 phillips screws, look inside, at the back of the light at midway position you will see a black plastic moulded type nut, unscrew by hand and pull light unit out, remove cable by pressing side of connector, pull back 6 clips [gently] on back of unit and remove light cluster from unit, replace bulb, and replace in reverse order.

or look here

http://www.google.com/search?q=fies...d=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8

Back