bath hot tap dying......help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
no longer turns fully and has slowed to a trickle....Im guessng its just a tap replacement job? internal wear and tear seems the most likely cause I hope.

Sponsored Links
10495.gif

BES part no 10496

I have a similar problem with cold tap, the tap does turn fully and if I pull upwards on it I do get the proper flow if I don't let go! how do I unscrew/remove it, and what's likely to need replacing? :rolleyes:

Same as in previous post!. What to undo depends on the tap construction. The internal metal parts need to be removes, which means either removing the cap as in the picture, or the top part of the body of the tap if a conventional crosshead.

Be careful buying replacements tops forbath taps. A lot of them are only "basin" sized inside. Dismantle the tap and look. 1/2" washer is basin, 3/4 needs bath.

Sponsored Links
ok thanks, just had a look at the replacing leaking tap topic on the site aswell. I'm not sure what I'm looking for, i'll guess i'll take the tap head off (hopefuuly!) and what's inside to my local B&Q.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back