bath installation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to fit a new bath shortly and while i feel confident in fitting the bath i am a little hesitant on making a good job of fitting the bath panel as i have never done this before. There any little tips or just any general pieces of advice you can give me with regard to this, or to the installation of the bath. Do you use a batten around the bath to help give it a bit more security for example ?. All advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
HI

make a frame using battens to support the panel.battens will also support the bath.do not fit the panel too tight.use silicone to fill gaps around the edges of the panel.use small screws to support the panel to the battens.[/list]

Do as LUNAT says and build a frame but what kind of Bath Panel is it... Wooden, Plastic?

Some come with a set of brackets some don't :confused:

If its one of the cheap flimsy plastic panels it'll be a pain whatever way you fit it. If its wooden you can either drill and screw straight through the panel into the frame and cap the holes or you can fit Roller Catches.

p1390783_x.jpg

Fit the 'roller' side of the brackets to the frame and the 'snap' brackets to the back of the panel.

Or do as many seem to now and use Velco (good quality) on the frame and back of panel. It gets a hell of a grip and doesn't need any real lining up.

I recently fitted a bath to my new bathroom installation. It was a job I worried about. When the tilers set a date to tile the pressure was on.

First of all make sure the legs are fitted at the recommended height for the bath panels.

Ensure a good amount of sealant around the edges of the bath where it butts against the wall on length and width. Do any fine adjustment to the legs at this point.

Mark where a batten should be fitted along each wall, leaving room for the fittings which come with the bath. Fit the bbattens and if necessary lower the legs slightly to ensure the battens and legs take the weight. Fit the brackets to further secure the bath to walls.

I then fitted vertical straps between batten and floor.

The bath is now solid and I have no fear of it moving.

Fill with water and apply sealant round bath where it meets wall.

My bath was Showerlux and it came with mounting brackets for end and front panel. These were fitted in accordance with instructions to give a really sound installation.

Sponsored Links
Just get it to sit in place bead ofsilicone four sides leave alone 24hrs

when need access stanly knife.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back