Bath Legs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the right sub but will try anyway. I had to lift the tiles in my bathroom along with cement board (absolute nightmare)...Any way I removed the bath panel and noticed the feet where not screwed in very securely. The centre support isn't even screwed in at all. The bath was installed about a month ago and haven't had any problems with movement or anything but just wondering is this right? It doesn't look very secure! Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 192
Sponsored Links
The centre support leg is actually the best out of the three of them !the other two legs are only partially supported and you are right to be concerned .it would have been so easy for the installer to lay a piece of scrap timber to span the gap in the floorboards and then screw the legs Down onto that .just lazy and incompetent .in fact I’d call it disgraceful.
if you wind one leg up at a time and glue or screw a piece of timber under each leg you will be doing yourself a big favour.
also can’t see your waste outlet properly in the photos but are you sure that flexible waste pipe has a fall on it from the bathtrap?Unless I’ve got my perspective wrong it looks like it could be pointing uphill...

Get the fitter back in, that's atrocious!! he needs a kicking for that

You may not have any issues just now but it won't be long before you do and it's probably just the silicone that's holding it up just now. Those feet need pads placed under them pronto!

Thanks folks. Yeah I had a funny feeling....didn't sit right with me to be honest. He seemed like a decent enough chap so hopefully just an oversight on his part. Will get in touch. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
so hopefully just an oversight on his part.

Appreciate you sentiment @joec1985 and it is Christmas after all, so nice to be nice :whistle: ....... buuuuuuuut ........

That's isn't an oversight I'm afraid, any professional that has any pride in their job shouldn't have left it like that. All it needed was 4 square pieces of wood to sit them on. Or even just move that split floor board over under then, it ain't difficult IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back