Bath Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can someone tell me how to remove a bath panel? There is nothing I can latch on to. It matches the floor and there is a transaparent sealant all around it. It does move slightly but I can't work out how to get it out.

Texto

Sponsored Links
hi had a lot of these just cut the sealer all round and scrape it clear of the front of the panel i use an old knife and bend it about 1" from the end then you can feed it under the panel and it should pull out can sometimes need a lot of pulling but move the knife allong as you pull it a bit at a time
PS if the knife does not want to bend try heating it up then it will

best of luck

Thanks for your reply. I've tried it with screw drivers. Do I need to pull it out from the top of bath panel or should I squeeze something between the floor and panel to pull it?

It is a tiled panel.

well tiled panels are a pain in the buttt becauase most are just boarded up with no regard for removal i would try pulling it from the bottom
failing that i would try drilling through the tile only on the joint at a few inches in from each end the put in a screw or better a hook that will give you something to pull with

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your help. Once I sliced off the silicone gel all around with a knife, I use two screw drivers and pushed it out. Pretty heavy stuff.

Ta
Texto

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back