Bath rail/grab rail for the edge of the bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a grab rail for my elderly mother to give her something to hold onto when getting in and out of the bath. I've found various types on the Internet and all follow a common theme of being an inverted 'U' shape.

Some just fit to the edge of the bath, while other fit to the edge AND extend to the floor where they are screwed in place.

Can anyone recommend a particularly good one please?

My mum's bath is 22.5 inches high and about 2.5 inches wide where the rail/handle would be clamped in place.

Sponsored Links
Might be worth asking social service. They should have lots of experience re this type of need.

Thanks, good idea. :)

But would they be able to make a recommendation, or would they only be able to fit one?

Sponsored Links
I'm no expert in grab rails but I would think that anything connected to just the bath edge would not be very strong and would not stand up to someone putting their whole weight onto it. The one that fixes to the bath and floor sounds better IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back