Bath shower - how do I make it work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. I recently moved into an apartment and the bath shower doesn't turn on. The tap works - but I can't get the water to flow to the shower. I assume I haven't been able to figure out how the showers base unit operates - to switch from tap to shower mode.

Can anyone help? Pics of shower base attached.

Thanks
P

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 133
Sponsored Links
I'm no expert, but does that middle thing to which the shower hose is attached lift up (or push down)?

The people in the Plumbing forum are more likely to know!

I think JBR is right its got to be that ferrule type thing it must slide up or down to change flow to shower head. maybe even try twisting it

Pull ferrule up for shower when water is running - turn off taps and it drops and reverts to bath flow

Sponsored Links
That didn't work unfortunately. The thing is either stuck or that's not how it's meant to work :(

Come on, Pranav. It looks like you haven't had a shower in a week! :LOL:

DIdnt work again. I found an identical unit at b&q and as per the instructions - the round ring on the base needs to go up and down - it's clearly stuck.

Would anyone know If I can get just the ring replaced - as opposed to replacing the entire unit?
P

DIdnt work again. I found an identical unit at b&q and as per the instructions - the round ring on the base needs to go up and down - it's clearly stuck.

Would anyone know If I can get just the ring replaced - as opposed to replacing the entire unit?
P
if its stuck try and grip it with a large pair of pliers and give it a pull. you will scratch the chrome though doing this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back