Bathroom Condensation Problem

Somewhere between the pull cord and the first light in the bathroom will be a junction box..

In there you will probably have - loop in, loop out, switch wire & feed to lights

Colours as below..

Permanent live (usually red or brown)- feed to switch
Switched live (usually black or blue with red or brown sleeving) - from switch to first light
Neutral (usually black or blue)
Earths (green yellow sheathed)

Take a 3 core and earth PVC cable from this junction box through a fan isolator switch to your fan..

Put the isolator switch in an accesible location

If this is a new fan then is is notifyable under Part P of the building regs, and all additions in your bathroom will need to have RCD protection

Sponsored Links
I see what you are saying but:
The permanent live (assuming these are all red wires together in block from light switch etc, goes to L or LS at the fan?

Permanent live to L
Switched live to LS
Neutral to N
Earth to E connection or some choc block (parked safe)

Hi.
I have been defeated :oops:
Can not get the timer to work, so for now have it operating by the lights :rolleyes:
I think the problem is either the timer is faulty (can not be arsed to go and replace it) or i have not identified the Permanent/ Switch wires :oops:
It is a old house and many alterations have been done to the electrics etc maybe some not quite to correct procedures. for example, no ceiling rose /junction box in bathroom, just a group of choc blocks.

Sponsored Links
Have you adjusted the run time, it is adjustable - could it be effectively set zero ? The paperwork will show how... (If someone hasn't nicked it.) Set middle of range and time the over run - if you have any.

Noticed something in the pdf....
Fuse: 3amp normally required (when fan is
supplied from 5A lighting circuit no local
fuse is required).
;)

--

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back