Bathroom door lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to change the handle on my bathroom door which is fitted with a bathroom lock in the form of a turning spindle that can also be unlocked from the outside if someone locks themselves in. I have undone the 4 screws on each handle but the handles still wont come off due to the locking mechanism. I cant see how it comes off...any help greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
if you have undone 4 securing screws and there is no movement between the handle and door

assuming you have looked under the handle for a grub screw and cant find one

then i would suspect the handle is stuck on either by by paint or glue!!!!

try giving it a sharp tap with a block of wood and a hammer on the handle surrounds where they touch the door

the handle is free from the door and is not glued or painted to the door...its just the locking mechanism that seems to stop the handles from coming off

i origionaly forgot to mention grub screws underneath the handle but added later did you see that bit ;)

Sponsored Links
I shall investigate...thanks...cant remember seeing one...need to have a closer look

agree with b.a. 'tis the grub screw securing the thumb-turn that you're forgetting to undo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back