UPVC Multipoint door will not open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a U.P.V.C door that will not open. It has a Corbin cylinder lock barrel with multipoint locking. The key will turn to lock and unlock positions, both inside and outside, but the door handle will not go down to open the door. I have removed the door handle, but can not remove the lock barrel because the door has to be open to do that. I have tried wriggling and jiggling the handle with no effect. The door hinges are accessible from indoors and I wonder if loosening them might help to release the locking mechanism. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It turned out that the key was unlocking the door ok, but part of the handle/latch mechanism had broken inside, preventing the handle from working. I got someone out to fix it. They were able to force the handle down to open the door & then replace the mechanism.

If I had known then what I know now I would have forced the handle down & fixed it myself. This might help someone else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back