Bathroom Electrics Carried Out by Non-Certified Installer

It is true.
Wrong again.

And I can see why:

Its the internet just let it go.
No, no and no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Yes the internet is the medium being used, and whilst I can't speak for you I know that at this end there's a real person using it. So it was me, personally, me the real person being falsely accused of implying that electrical work done before 2005 was immoral, it was me, personally, me the real person being told that I'd admitted I didn't know enough to comment, and therefore what I wrote was obtuse.

No one else gets so het up over nothing.
That sort of thing can only be nothing to people who regard their participation here as nothing.

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
<Loads of childish nonsense>

I eagerly await you getting banned from here. Then we can all get along, and actually help each other.

Whatever :LOL: life's to short. It's a nice sunny day. Get your self sat out in the garden. I don't know a single person on here in real life, and couldn't care less what they think of me.

Whatever :LOL: life's to short. It's a nice sunny day. Get your self sat out in the garden. I don't know a single person on here in real life, and couldn't care less what they think of me.
I actually believe in what I write here.

When I post here it is I who is doing it, I'm not play acting.

When my words are twisted and misrepresented and the resulting corruption used to tell others that I've implied something ludicrous then whether I know them IRL or not then what they have done is just as wrong, and just as deserving of criticism as if they had done it IRL in a room full of people.

NeoX reckons I am insecure and have low self esteem. More nonsense from him - it's quite the reverse. I am utterly secure, and I have a great deal of self-esteem. I am secure in the knowledge that I am right, and it is because I have self-esteem that I will not stand by and let him get away with the things he said.

Is that the same as caring what he thinks of me? No - he is someone who is so pathetic, so childish, that he would, if he had the time, engage in trolling. Trolling. Posting things not because you believe they are right but simply because you want to provoke or upset people for your own amusement.

I find it so hard to relate to the trivial callousness of someone like that that they might as well be from a different species, so no, I don't care what he thinks of me, but I do care when he stands up in a room full of people, points at me, and announces "this man has just implied that all electrical work done before 2005 was immoral".

Sponsored Links
but why do you let it bother you so much that what he announced was not correct? That's the bit that you seem to not understand - for most people you get it out of all proportion to the 'offense'. And fwiw I actually like reading most of your posts.

Far too sensitive. If I got into a hissy fit over everything I disagree with on the Internet - every YouTube comment, every Facebook comment, every tweet, every WordPress blog, every post on every forum, every politician, every public speaker, every news article, I'd go out my mind. You only care because it's about you. That's egocentric. If this were real life and it was a work colleague or friend disagreeing with you, it's worth a debate because you have to spend time with those people, you have common vested interests. It's not uneconomical in terms of time and/or money to get your point across. But on here, it's 100% about your ego, nothing else. That's definitely insecurity and low self-esteem. And trolling exists because people like that (like you) exist. For those in control of their own faculties, trolling does not work and at worst becomes amusing banter between those using it in any given context. Because you exist, I would troll you for amusement. But I simply don't have the time this week or month or year.

but why do you let it bother you so much that what he announced was not correct?
Because it was not correct.

Because it was saying to everyone that I, the real me, the actual flesh-and-blood person, had implied that electrical work done before 2005 was immoral. Because it was twisting and misinterpreting words which I, the real me, the actual flesh-and-blood person, had written and then as a result saying that I, the real me, the actual flesh-and-blood person, had written something obtuse.

That's the bit that you seem to not understand - for most people you get it out of all proportion to the 'offense'.
I understand that most people think that, but I am not as trivial as they are.

Could have sworn you said you'd put me on your ignore list.

Because you exist, I would troll you for amusement.
What you have said there is that you, the real you, the actual flesh-and-blood you, would deliberately try to provoke and/or upset another real, actual flesh-and-blood person for your own amusement. And you think I'm pathetic?

That's right. Because you need to toughen up, boy.
Oh I see.

You'd engage in gratuitous cruelty not just because you find it amusing but because you also think it would be good for the victim.

You wouldn't be the first sadistic monster who tried to rationalise himself that way.

If I were your dad, I'd make you go to boxing classes in a rough part of town till you could take a little flak or criticism without bursting into tears.
What a strange analogy, given that in boxing you don't stand there and just allow the other person to hit you, you defend yourself and fight back, and try to hit them so hard that you literally beat them into submission.

I think it's best to leave morals out of this for the sake of keeping the discussion on track and this not becoming a drawn-out Internet debate. Reason being, this is about signatures on a sheet of paper, not whether the work has been done properly .......

All I want is for my tenants and property to be safe, for the electrics to be proper and functional, and for the works and me to be legal.

What you say does not make sense.

not done properly, but safe? Fraudulently signed, but legal?

What you say does not make sense. ... not done properly, but safe? Fraudulently signed, but legal?
As I've observed before, unless I've missed it (far from impossible given the amount of distracting garbage in this thread!), I've seen no suggestion that the work has not been 'done properly', so it may well be safe - the discussion has virtually all been about the testing (which needs to be done, by someone, as one of the confirmations of 'safe') and the bureaucracy of bits of paper.

"Fraudently signed, but legal" is a valid point in relation to the EIC, but I'm not sure that EICs are really of much relevance to the OP's situation - he has applied for a Regularisation Certificate from LABC and, if they feel it appropriate to issue one, it would presumably be 'legal' and would satisfy the OPs wish for him "to be legal", wouldn't it (even if there were a {different} 'fraudulently signed' document knocking around somewhere)?

FWIW, I think that the OP is probably getting an unfair amount of criticism/flak. For someone to go to the trouble and appreciable cost of going through the LABC Regularisation process is unusual, and an indication that he wants things to be done 'properly'. As I understand it, the suggesting about the 'fraudulently signed EIC' came from the builder, not him, and it is not a course he is proposing to take. That's how I see it, anyway.

Kind Regards, John

I've seen no suggestion that the work has not been 'done properly',
...are you sure everything's been done okay? They weren't very good at tiling and cut some corners to the point it was dangerous.
And Adam's question & concern were justified - this builder has not shown himself to be particularly competent or conscientious in other aspects of the work.

"Fraudently signed, but legal" is a valid point in relation to the EIC, but I'm not sure that EICs are really of much relevance to the OP's situation
Not at all, I expect - he almost certainly doesn't need one, an EICR will do.

I would love to meet up with everyone in a pub somewhere in the centre of the UK to have these debates. Bet we would see a different side to everyone then! So, shall we say 8pm Friday, Wetherspoons, Brum? :LOL:

I would love to meet up with everyone in a pub somewhere in the centre of the UK to have these debates. Bet we would see a different side to everyone then! So, shall we say 8pm Friday, Wetherspoons, Brum? :LOL:
I've been to a few of those 'meet-ups' over the years/decades and they are nearly always totally bizarre. Not only (inevitably) is nearly everyone's appearance totally different from people's 'mental images' of them, but individuals very commonly prove to have 'real-life' personalties and behaviours utterly different from how they appear/behave on-line - the on-line extroverts/bullies/whatever sometimes cower quietly in corners (now there's an interesting possibility :) ), whilst the ones who are quiet, calm and sensible on-line are sometimes wild in real life!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back