Bathroom Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an extractor fan in my bathroom which was working fine until recently, now it just doesn't seem to be working. There is no windows in my bathroom and when the shower is used the walls are dripping and the room stays very muggy for a good deal of time after.

What can i do to stop this from happening?

Melanie

Sponsored Links
Stop using the shower?

Move house?

Fix the fan?

Of the three options, unless you want a new home or give up showers, I would lean towards fixing the fan.

you in a bad mood today or something SS? or has BAS hi-jacked your account?

in answer to the OP you can either try and fix the fan, get a sparky in to try and fix the fan or replace it...

No, not in a bad mood!

When I post something in jest, I assume others will take it in that spirit. I must remember to put these chaps on the posts, to make it clear I'm 'aving a larf: ;)

It just struck me as amusing that the OP was asking how to stop the walls from dripping rather than asking how to go about investigating why the fan had stopped working.

Sponsored Links
have you checked if there is an isolator switch for the fan possibly above the bathroom door outside, in a cupboard or in the loft which could have accidently got turned off?

Do you have a problem with humidity even with the fan running, or is it just since it stopped?

Do you know how to test whether there is voltage getting to the fan? If not, then you'll need an electrician or someone else who can help you.

If there is voltage there, then you probably need to replace the fan. You could consider a fan with a humidistat. Or just replace like for like if the previous one worked ok.

Check that there is a small gap under or above the door. The fan will work better then (once it's fixed of course).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back