Bathroom extractor not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
MY bathroom extractor fan has stopped working. It usually operates when the light is switched on. There is an isolator on/off switch in the bathroom also.

Presumably its a fuse issue? Is the fuse inside the isoltor switch, or is the whole unit kaput?

Need to get this sorted soon, as there are no windows in the bathroom which is ensuite - silly builders - otherwise I'll have a mildew/mould problem before too long

Sponsored Links
Why haven't you done all the usual, obvious stuff like firstly seeing if any electricity is reaching the fan, and if not checking connections, finding the fuse if there is one and testing it, etc?

If I new where the fuse was I would check it - hence the question

if you follow the cables for the fan you will probably find it is run from the lighting cct, in which case it implies the fan is as you said Kaput

there is no fuse in a tripple pole isolator (looks like a wide switch with fan symbol, althoug you could check its connections.

if you do change it turn isolator off (best to turn all mains off incase its not fed from lights)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back