Bathroom fan - which one?

Sorry, thinking about it the XH model may only have two terminals, permanent live and neutral. The pull switch would operate the fan and the humidistat would work independently when it needs to.
You could still use an external pull switch and disable the fans internal pull switch by cutting off the string when it's in the on position but you would lose the automatic humidistat.
If you can live with (and reach) the fans pullswitch then the VA100XH would be ideal as long as you feed it with a permanent live and neutral.
If you require an external pullswitch then it may be better going for a VA100X

Sponsored Links
Hey,

On some websites it says the VA100X needs turning on via a light switch?

Thing is the missus!! says she doesn't want one where it turns on every time you turn the light on.

Rich :)

You can use an external pull switch, located just inside your bathroom to turn the fan on and off independently of the light fitting.

I would presume that it would be difficult to fit one as you cannot get into my celiing in the bathroom , all the wires must have gone in before the false ceiling was put in (before I bought the house).

Again, please correct me if I am wrong. I may just need to buy a normal one with an external pullcord!!

Sponsored Links
Back to the beginning....... :) You have an existing fan? Controlled by an external pullswitch (on the ceiling, not part of the fan) independently of the light fitting?

Good idea (thank you for this).

The existing one (that was there when I moved in) has a pull switch as part of the fan. To turn on simply pull the cord.

There is no ceiling cord and it is not attached to the light switch in any way.

Cheers

In that case a VA100XH would be perfect.
You'll retain your independent switching of the fan (independent from the bathroom light) via the dangling pull cord which is part of the fan and you'll benefit from humidity control.
If you don't want humidity control then go for the VA100X which still has a pull cord but no humidity stat.

http://www.vent-axia.com/products/domestic/va100range.asp

Hey,

The really cheap VA100XH I found has now gone...aaaaaagggghhhhh!!

Never mind, have looked on the link you sent and at the bottom of the page under 'operation' it states that the VA100X is turned on via the light switch?

I presume that is optional and I could just wire it straight in and use the pullcord to operate?

Many thanks,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back