Bathroom Laminate Underlay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Im thinking of installing some Aqualoc Bathroom laminate, i was wondering what sort of underlay needs to be used with this? Will a standard foam underlay work or is there a proper bathroom underlay available?

Many Thanks

Glyn

Sponsored Links
on floorboards i use the thicker sort of matt type board underlay - it's like compressed wood fibre (i only use foam on solid floors).

i apply a thin bead of pva glue to each edge of the laminate plank as i fix in position.

i also use caulk around the edges or any cut outs to stop any water running off the laminate and getting underneath.

the only downside is that new laminate would be needed if it had to be taken up for any reason before renewing.

using this approach i now no longer bother to buy the laminate for wet areas and just buy the std stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back