Bathroom Light

Sponsored Links
I imagine moisture could run down the flex into the lampholder too.
Stick a 100W GLS in it and it will soon dry.
A pendant looks ridiculous in a bathroom.
How rude, I have a pendant in my bathroom it looks ok, it's in zone 1 and the shade needs dusting though. Pendant has short skirt and a Philips SL18 lamp. For compliance with the wiring regulations I wouldn't recommend such a setup, although I can't really see how it could become a hazard. Unless I do something really stupid, in which case I would deserve to die. When did we all become such wusses?

It's quite strange. I was going to say that I've never seen standard pendants fitted in bathrooms except when I've been to Devon, and you are from Devon.

Is it a Devon tradition??

Quite common in older houses (though my house is only 11 years old). Batten holders were the most popular up until a few years ago, we must have installed loads in new houses. Most of the houses here are too small and have too low ceilings for a pendant to comply. I can easily reach the rose to unscrew the cover while standing in the bath, and I'm short. It's all enclosed fittings now 2D or the LED equiv.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back