Bathroom Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SWMBO wants me to install some LED lights in the en-suite.

All wiring will be in the loft with the lights in 20mm holes through the plasterboard.

Is this notifiable - if so it won't happen (unless I can find some red/black cable!!)

Sponsored Links
Is this notifiable - if so it won't happen (unless I can find some red/black cable!!)[/quote]

:eek:

:evil:

:LOL:

1) Yes it's notifiable.

2) Why do you think red/black cable will change that?

Sponsored Links
Because he is being Naughty by trying to make them "Blend in".

;)

I can then claim that it was done before the regs changed. In reality I am looking for a reason to say no!

BTW the existing light is about 12 inches from the shower, and with a 2250mm ceiling (approx), is a "standard" surface fitting installed by the builder! (Zone 2?)

So much for the wiring cert that came with the house - 5 years old & second owner.

Reaction last night was "so how did so-and-so's husband put some in her bathroom . . . . ."

and your reply should have been...

" well he did it illegally then, and if his house burns down, the insurance will not pay up, or worse still, if his wife gets electrocuted in the shower, he will be done for manslaughter... "

He should arrange for a lot of life insurance brochures to start arriving... :cool:

But back to red/black - the current harmonised colours were available and in use before Part P came into force.....

Dunno what you're talking about...
disimulo.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back