bathroom tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I want to tile the floor of my bathroom. At the moment there is floorboards. I have been advised to lay 12 mm water proof plywood followed by BAL WPM. My question is: If i am already laying WP ply,what is the point of adding a WPM on the top? Would WP ply only not be enough? Thank u.

Sponsored Links
If its going to be a wetroom then WP1 is needed(not WPM) if its just a normal bathroom then tile straight onto the ply with a flexible adhesive.

Jason

Jasonb said:
If its going to be a wetroom then WP1 is needed(not WPM) if its just a normal bathroom then tile straight onto the ply with a flexible adhesive.

Jason
Hi Jason thanks 4 your reply. Just out of curiosity, what ia a WP1 and what do you call a wetroom? Thank u 4 your time.

BAL do not make a product called WPM, I suspect you mean a "WaterProof Membrain".

They do make a kit called WP1 which contains all the materials required to tank a shower (make the walls totally waterproof)

A wetroom is where the floor drains into an outlet and you have no actual showertray etc.

If you have a bath and shower tray then you can tile onto the ply as the small amount of water getting onto the floor will do no harm.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Jasonb said:
BAL do not make a product called WPM, I suspect you mean a "WaterProof Membrain".

They do make a kit called WP1 which contains all the materials required to tank a shower (make the walls totally waterproof)

A wetroom is where the floor drains into an outlet and you have no actual showertray etc.

If you have a bath and shower tray then you can tile onto the ply as the small amount of water getting onto the floor will do no harm.

Jason
Thank u 4 your explanation Jason.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back