baxi 105 e cimbi hot water fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, my boiler during the last 2 weeks has only heated water when the heating is on. Last night it stopped doing that as well and will not heat water at all (except for heating)

Central heating works fine, plunger on h/w thingy doesn't come out when the hot water tap is on. If i switch the boiler on manually (i.e. push switch plunger should push) the boiler lights up and heats the water, but still no hot water comes out of the tap.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Diaphram for the DHW is perished, try that first, goto HRPC and you can get just the diaphram, easy job, switch of cold main to CHB then 6 screws, replace and rebuild, 20 mins and bob's you uncle.

DHW diaphragm needs replacing

Thanks I take it that is the same as the diff val or diverter? I've ordered both diaphragm's 5 mins ago.

Are these easy to fit? I'm a boiler virgin, but i've fixed everything else in the damn house, i might as well have a go.

Ta

Sponsored Links
Diaphram for the DHW is perished, try that first, goto HRPC and you can get just the diaphram, easy job, switch of cold main to CHB then 6 screws, replace and rebuild, 20 mins and bob's you uncle.

Thanks, you replied as i was replying to earlier post, thus answering my question of how easy.

one last tip, once the cold main is off, open hot tap to release pressure or you will get a minor water explosion!!! :LOL:

one last tip, once the cold main is off, open hot tap to release pressure or you will get a minor water explosion!!! :LOL:

Thanks very much. I ordered from gas-spares.co.uk about £3 cheaper each than HPRC (just in case you wanted somewhere cheaper), was first website i came across.

Thanks very much for all your help. Now expect another post in 2 days entitled, 'help putting boiler back together'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back