Baxi 105e boiler issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
I had an issue last year with my boiler. The water was continuously running hot and cold. An engineer came out who checked a few things. He cleaned out the heat plate which cured the problem for a few months. Now the warmer weather has gone i decided to clean the heat plate out my self which was successful again. The plate had a lot of flaky black bits in it which im guessing is corrosion.
Im guessing it would be a good idea to replace the heat plate???
But, before i do this, can you advise me please if it would be a good idea to drain or flush the system before i buy a new one?? At the two holes where the heat plate is connected to the system there was a lot of black sludgy stuff. Im again thinking that if i bought a new one without cleaning the system it wouldnt be long before i had the same hot and cold issue.

Thanks for all replies guys

Sponsored Links
Not too sure about that but if your roof is leaking you've come to the right place :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back