baxi 105e CH problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a baxi 105e, it has caused me problems for the last couple of years, but being a cheap skate i keep getting it repaired rather than getting a new boiler. Anyway to my latest problem.
To begin with we have had no hot water for a few months and think i have narrowed that down to the diverter valve not operating correctly. With this in mind i have a current fault.
we came back from a short break and the boiler was showing fan fault. had engineer look at it and said new fan needed. Anyway i thought i would just check voltage and there was none, looked in the manual said pcb fault.
So being the cheap skate thought i would buy a 2nd hand one of ebay for £40.
Fitted it today and it fixed the fan problem! great everything fired up. BUT the CH now heats up to 80 deg very quickly and within 1 minute the flame goes out and the boiler temp goes down. when it gets to 30 deg it fires back up again. The rads upstairs are fairly warm but not downstairs.
looked online and im getting either a PCB fault, temp sensor fault, or diverter valve fault.
no flashing neons by the way.
pipes getting hot (i would say to 80 deg) so it seems to be working that way. Just gets to temp to quickly i think.

Any help much appreciated. My guess is the pcb is faulty but it was listed as in full working order!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
well to be honest i've lost all confidence and faith in heating engineers, with all the problems i've had with the boiler, they just seem to swap part for part willy nilly without any fault finding, costing me more money.
Like i said the last engineer took one look and said yes its a faulty fan, needs replacing i will get you a price. So i checked it myself just to see if the fan was good or not, and it turned out to be the pcb. As i have said this has now been rectified but a new fault has arisen. If its the pcb i have replaced at fault, i will send it back to the seller.

So your last engineer came out to diagnose the problem.

But you did not pay him?

If I was a boiler engineer then I would not have any confidence in you as a customer and would tell you the wrong part was at fault because I knew that you had no intention of paying!

So the guy diagnosed a fan and it wasn't so would you pay him his £84 diagnostic fee Agile ?

If he had been paid then he would be obliged to correctly diagnose the fault.

Who in their right mind would correctly diagnose the fault if they were not going to be paid?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back