Baxi 130 HE Combi..CH not hot enough.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys..

I have a customer with a Baxi 130HE Combi which is failing to get up to the set temp on CH.

It has recently had a new pcb/gas valve harness/spark electrodes.

Apparrantly a bad water leak had caused damage to the above.

Anyway heating was fine before the new parts were fit.

At the moment the CH is set at 82 deg but it will go no higher than 65 deg.

It quickly rises to approx 55 deg and then just plods along until it reaches 65 deg and then knocks off.

Flow and return sensors in range.

Baxi say it must be a faulty pcb but i'm not too sure.

Any thoughts anyone.

Sponsored Links
thats a doozy scat

come on you poxi engineers get on the case

I of course know whats wrong but feel you would be better hearing it from them

which is a fancy way of saying I aint got no idea :) sorry mate

sounds like a potentiometer to me or a really undersized boiler ;)

corgiman said:
thats a doozy scat

come on you poxi engineers get on the case

I of course know whats wrong but feel you would be better hearing it from them

which is a fancy way of saying I aint got no idea :) sorry mate

sounds like a potentiometer to me or a really undersized boiler ;)

Its not undersized cos it was fine until all the parts were changed cos of water damage.

I thought potentiometer until i look at the board. Its one of them new fangled pcbs with a micro proccessor to control things i believe.

Baxi say there is no possible adjustment on the pcb.

If this is set up with the same PCB as the Combi 80e/instant range, I am sure you can fit the knobs 180degrees (i.e. 9 o'clock is 3 o'clock) round the wrong way - result is low is high and high is low (approximately). Can you rotate the knob properly from lowest setting to highest setting "normally" - without any resistance in the knob? Other than that, no jumpers on the board for underfloor heating temps (don't think there is but you can check)?

Sponsored Links
bribhoy said:
If this is set up with the same PCB as the Combi 80e/instant range, I am sure you can fit the knobs 180degrees (i.e. 9 o'clock is 3 o'clock) round the wrong way - result is low is high and high is low (approximately). Can you rotate the knob properly from lowest setting to highest setting "normally" - without any resistance in the knob? Other than that, no jumpers on the board for underfloor heating temps (don't think there is but you can check)?

No fella...Totally different set up on these. No knobs to turn, No pots on the pcb.

And its working pressure is ? and it has been gas rated at ?

Maybe its one of these dreadful PCBs where everything is setable but only by the manufacturer's own engineers with their laptop program connected to the RS422 communications port.

Tony

Baxmax said:
And its working pressure is ? and it has been gas rated at ?

If they were the problem wouldn't the HW be affected also? (its not)

Agile said:
Maybe its one of these dreadful PCBs where everything is setable but only by the manufacturer's own engineers with their laptop program connected to the RS422 communications port.

Tony
W.T.F

scatmanjohn said:
It has recently had a new pcb/gas valve harness/spark electrodes.

Well we know the gas valve and electrodes wont cause this fault ,So i would go for the p.c.b..Not had this fault myself but i would also check the wirng from the thermisitors for resistance and any ingress of water in the ends.

Scatmanjohn see if this makes sense

Combi 130HE Features
Maximum condensing performance,reduced cycling time and tighter room temperature control in CH with room stat or TRVs fitted.

The flow temp is kept as low a level as poss while still achieving the desired room temp. With a room thermostat the flow temp is reduced by 5*C every time the room stat switches off. With TRVs the flow temp is reduced by 5*C every time the TRVs have restricted the water flow to less than 4 Lt/min. The flow temp is increased again if req'd.
If you have an 'Intellistat' fitted its even more clever!

Check and reset the Installer parameters
Default settings are
60- 61 if 'intellistat' fitted

baxpoti said:
Scatmanjohn see if this makes sense

Combi 130HE Features
Maximum condensing performance,reduced cycling time and tighter room temperature control in CH with room stat or TRVs fitted.

The flow temp is kept as low a level as poss while still achieving the desired room temp. With a room thermostat the flow temp is reduced by 5*C every time the room stat switches off. With TRVs the flow temp is reduced by 5*C every time the TRVs have restricted the water flow to less than 4 Lt/min. The flow temp is increased again if req'd.
If you have an 'Intellistat' fitted its even more clever!

Check and reset the Installer parameters
Default settings are
60- 61 if 'intellistat' fitted

Cheers...it does make sense...but.

The house doesn't get hot enough for the room stat to be satisfied (20 deg)
Or the trvs to shut down.

Customer says it did until these parts were changed. :confused:

If the CH is set at 82deg is it not intelligent enough to know that turning off at 65 deg will not suffice :LOL: :LOL:

Try resetting, simply switch mains off for 10secs, also disconnect the PCB wiring terminals check and reconnect.

Otherwise new board?

Just an update on this one.

Fit a new board today,

Heating straight up to 82 degrees.

House positively tropical.

Cheers .

I though flow on a condenser was more like 72 (55 return) compared to the non-condensing boiler flow of 82, return 72 :confused: :confused:

go on rip me apart :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back