BAXI 105e Headaches

ok... finally got the b*****d sparking but it wont ignite, its like there is no gas getting through...

any ideas???

So what did yopu do to get it sparking ???

What was done to get it "fixed"?

Was this dozy plumber CORGI registered?

Was he a member of ARGI ?

Tony

blew down venturi pipes until i heard the click from the pressure switch and then attached the pipes the correct way round. Then put boiler back together and you could see the ignition phase (which was a step further than it had gone before) then it was a case of trying to find out where he had turned the gas off...

jobs a goodun

thanks for your help everyone, i will see if i can offer any advice in the CCTV/Alarm section as thats my bag baby

Sponsored Links
It didn't read like that to me Dave, it just read like Tony was asking if it was a proper fella and not some numpty.

Sponsored Links
It didn't read like that to me Dave, it just read like Tony was asking if it was a proper fella and not some numpty.

Nobody has to be a member of ARGI to carry out gas work, as as the OP pointed out, most of the public do not know about ARGI. In fact many don't even know about CORGI.

I therefore can see no relevance in Tony mentioning it other than to try to stir things up. IMHO ;)

Ripple1974 said "I blew down venturi pipes until i heard the click from the pressure switch and then attached the pipes the correct way round. Then put boiler back together and you could see the ignition phase (which was a step further than it had gone before) then it was a case of trying to find out where he had turned the gas off..."

jobs a goodun

Understandably you are delighted that your boiler is now operational.

And Pleeeeeeze don't take this the wrong way but the plumber might have left it off because he did not have his gas pipe pressure testing kit with him.

You could have turned on the gas, not noticed a leak, and then whilst in the shower, been blown into the street wearing nothing but your birthday suite!

I was listening to an interesting program on Radio 4 a few minutes ago, in it the words side effects were mentioned regarding medicines, but in the DIY gas arena the side effects can be death.

Tim,

ps Have a nice shower.

Nobody has to be a member of ARGI to carry out gas work, as as the OP pointed out, most of the publis do not know about ARGI. In fact many don't even know about CORGI.

Why do people like to jump so quickly on what others say!

I like to promote ARGI because I think that it is a worthwhile organisation to represent those working in the gas industry.

Asking the OP if he was CORGI registered was to ensure that he was deemed safe to work on gas.

Asking if he was a member was publicising ARGI as the organisation which CORGI registered people should ideally belong to! Now all the people who have read this will have heard of ARGI !

Tony

Tony wrote "I like to promote ARGI because I think that it is a worthwhile organisation to represent those working in the gas industry."

Tony may I rephrase those words to;

Some Gas Men promote ARGI because they feel is a worthwhile organisation that is working to represent those working in the gas industry.

Tim,

Ripple1974 said "I blew down venturi pipes until i heard the click from the pressure switch and then attached the pipes the correct way round. Then put boiler back together and you could see the ignition phase (which was a step further than it had gone before) then it was a case of trying to find out where he had turned the gas off..."

jobs a goodun

Understandably you are delighted that your boiler is now operational.

And Pleeeeeeze don't take this the wrong way but the plumber might have left it off because he did not have his gas pipe pressure testing kit with him.

You could have turned on the gas, not noticed a leak, and then whilst in the shower, been blown into the street wearing nothing but your birthday suite!

I was listening to an interesting program on Radio 4 a few minutes ago, in it the words side effects were mentioned regarding medicines, but in the DIY gas arena the side effects can be death.

Tim,

ps Have a nice shower.

i spoke to the plumber before i turned the gas back on, he had only turned it off whilst he worked on the boiler, there were no problems with the supply.

and my shower was lovely thanks :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back