Baxi 105e Losing Pressure Within a Day or 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the 3rd in the series of the problems in my “new” house.

I have a Baxi 105e combi boiler system. When I 1st moved in the pressure when the unit was turned off was 0bar, and when on, 0.5bar. I have topped up the system so it sits at 1.0bar when off but shoots up to 2.0bar when operating

The problem is every time I do this the pressure goes down to the previous value within a couple of days. I have tried placing a bag over the PCV overflow and it didn’t show any signs of leaking.

Also, the very 1st time I topped up the system to 1.0bar when switched off, the working pressure shot up to 2.0bar. At this point I switched off and drained some liquid from the system. I mixture of air and water seemed to come out and then the system seemed fine.

Any advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Tiny leak somewhere check all the rad valves, nothing up with it going from 1 to 2 bar while on this can be down to the amount of rads on circuit or pressure vessel needing recharged slightly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back