Baxi 105E -When switched to Hot water only heating turns on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help, when I switch my boiler to hot water only, water heats up fine but every now and then radiators heat up. I have turned off the timer in case this was causing a problem but still no different. No fault lights displaying. :(

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler actually fire up and is the central heating neon illuminated?
If so it could be the built in frost thermostat playing up.

When the water is run anywhere in the house the boiler fires up to heat the hot water, but this also seems to trigger the radiator to heat up but the radiator light on the boiler remains unlit.

Sponsored Links
Faulty divertor valve allowing heated water to pass through rad circuit instead of just around HW circuit.

Faulty divertor valve allowing heated water to pass through rad circuit instead of just around HW circuit.

Noticed the same problem today with our old Wickes Combi 2000. I've also noticed the pressure drops to almost zero and the overflow to the outside is running at a constant trickle.

Is this likely to be the same problem, with the diverter valve?

I wouldn't have the first idea how to fix it, but would be good to know when we get and engineer round.

Car service and MOT tomorrow as well :(

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back