Heating on when only Hot Water switched on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, having some problems at the moment.

During the winter I have the heating and hot water set on a timer. But then as it starts to get warmer, I turn the heating off and just have the hot water on the timer.

My problem is that the radiators are getting hot when only the hot water is switched on. The water also gets hot, but as does the rest of the house.

Anyone know what is causing this and if it's easy to resolve?

Sponsored Links
Without any detailed info about your system we can only guess. Assuming you have a y plan system check diverter as it will probably be passing ps i hate man u

Cheers weareleeds, and don't worry I hate leeds equally as much as you hate United :)

What detailed information is needed on my system then for someone to give better advice? As I can get as much info as is needed.

Am very new to all this DIY lark, so how would I check my diverter?

And thanks for the reply ;)

Do you have a 3 port valve? silver metal box (or plastic) on a brass body with 3 pipes on it. Or do you have 2 boxes each with 2 pipes on them?

Sponsored Links
Yes - the heated water from the boiler come out in a pipe which will have some mechanism for splitting the flow to CH & HW. Its the electric valve that does this is not shutting off the CH side fully. It's either stuck or is getting the wrong signal.

weareleeds said:
Without any detailed info about your system we can only guess. Assuming you have a y plan system check diverter as it will probably be passing ps i hate man u

old trafford theatre of (wet)dreams...emirates the theatre of reality and he wonders why he cant get a plumber hahahaha...hahahahaha hang on wait hahahahahha hahahahahahhaha no serious for a moment mufc hahahahahahaha

Thanks Dave. I wonder how one was supposed to know that. :confused:

Edit: Oh - it was Rupert. Say no more. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back