Baxi 80e combi. HELP!!!

Sponsored Links
M8 I must attend 8 different boilers a day, it's absolutely not uncommon. Always do the basics first, if you don't know what it is, you can say what it isn't. Every breakdown engineer must do the basics first, this is just one of them

I would ensure the max and min burner pressures are correect before deciding that you need a new heat exchanger. So many things it could be really. If you are not Gas safe I'm sure your engineer will be able to check.

Hes wrong its the heat exchanger.
Turn your nearest tap on just enough to fire the boiler and if it stays hot theres your fault.
Youre Hot water Heat Exchanger has absoloutly nothing to do with your central heating side or you would have been drinking inhibitor since the day it was fitted.
GET A PRO!!!!
Put a post at the end...All Pros as you put it...will do the basics, if you don't, Mr. guesserman, then it is you who is not professional....if you need advice mate please ask

Youre Hot water Heat Exchanger has absoloutly nothing to do with your central heating side or you would have been drinking inhibitor since the day it was fitted.
GET A PRO!!!!

I'm not sure I get this. The blockage is in the dhw hx but it is in the ch side of it.

Sponsored Links
I would ensure the max and min burner pressures are correect before deciding that you need a new heat exchanger. So many things it could be really. If you are not Gas safe I'm sure your engineer will be able to check.

Hes wrong its the heat exchanger.
Turn your nearest tap on just enough to fire the boiler and if it stays hot theres your fault.
GET A PRO!!!!
Put a post at the end...All Pros as you put it...will do the basics, if you don't, Mr. guesserman, then it is you who is not professional....if you need advice mate please ask

I am not or would never question your professionalism, but i was right, surely the first three things you would check especially on a combi hot water fault would be

1. ECV not been knocked
2. Flow switch making contact
3. Expansion vessel if lack of pressure

In this order

and surely as a proffesional the next thing if all the above are ok would be to restrict the flow to see if water stays hot?

Are these not the simple checks before you start looking at the Gas Valves min and max settings?

As for your Mr Guesserman i guess my guess was better than yours, i mean why start name calling because i was right and you were not?
For your info i am a Baxi/Potterton approved installer so know these boilers like the back of my hand!

GET A PRO!!!!

I'm not sure I get this. The blockage is in the dhw hx but it is in the ch side of it.

OP was thinking about putting some strong cleansers and inhibiters in the system.
Would not of made one blind bit of difference.
Whats not to get or am i missing something?

Well the blockage is on the ch side of the plated yes?, so why would cleaning it not resolve the problem in theory?

Ok what I mean is the blockage is on the primary side which is treated by adding cleaners into the ch circuit.

Ok what I mean is the blockage is on the primary side which is treated by adding cleaners into the ch circuit.

The blockage is in the Plate Heat Exchanger which deals with only the Hot water and is not on the primary mate.
Although sold as one all combis have 2 parts to them The CH and The HW and never the 2 shall meet, hence the reason peoples CH works but water does not and vice versa.

How can the plated heat exchanger not have primary water in?, where does it exchange the heat from??. One side of the plate is primary water the other is dhw and it is the primary side which blocks causing the boiler to cycle and the hot water to run hot and cold.

image1227.gif

How can the plated heat exchanger not have primary water in?, where does it exchange the heat from??. One side of the plate is primary water the other is dhw and it is the primary side which blocks causing the boiler to cycle and the hot water to run hot and cold.

image1227.gif

Right so you beleive that if you put inhibitors and cleansers in your system it will get into the hot water circuit?
If so you my friend are an idiot and if not then how in gods name could it clear the blockage?

Are we talking about different things here?. I'm talking about a plated domestic hot water heat exchanger where the diverter valve diverts the primary water to run across the plated hx while the water which is now running through the taps flows across the other side of the plate in the hx exchanging the heat from the primary to the hot water. The blockage you are talking about is in the primary side of the hx as if it was in the hot water side the only symptom would be a reduced flow rate. We must surely be at cross puropses here although I am still in my sick bed and very muggy!
[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back