BAxi 80e no heating nor hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Baxi 80e combi boiler fan flight flashing. Have replace fan, boiler fired up worked for short amount of time overnight, got up in the morning freezing. Boiler stopped fan light flashing again. APS replaced flue checked wants to fire up but doesn't. Any ideas welcome.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
faulty fan relay on the board mate! The board thinks the fan is on but it also can see that it's not, so flags up a fan fault. Nothing's quite that straigh forward i supose... ha :)

Sponsored Links
faulty fan relay on the board mate! The board thinks the fan is on but it also can see that it's not, so flags up a fan fault. Nothing's quite that straigh forward i supose... ha :)
Many thanks for this info. You wouldn't have a circuit diagram for PCB board would you?

I doubt you'll find a diagram for the actual circuit board, they don't get published because the pcb is said to be non-servicable. The pcb itself is about £140 i think. can't help you there i'm affraid!

Many thanks for this info. You wouldn't have a circuit diagram for PCB board would you?

I doubt you'll find a diagram for the actual circuit board, they don't get published because the pcb is said to be non-servicable. The pcb itself is about £140 i think. can't help you there i'm affraid!

thank you for your help. We have changed the relay for fan, re installed and pump light showed up. Changed relay for pump but light still showing. Sorry to ask but and ideas??

:oops: Getting expensive this then?
has so far hopefully now pcb identified

by the way... just to confirm the fault, reset the boiler andturn on a demand, does the fan fault light appear after a few seconds without the fan actually spinning?

yes this was happening, replay replaced on pcb noe pump light flashing. Have changed pump relay but light still flashing pump not kicking in but was previously

:oops: Getting expensive this then?
has so far hopefully now pcb identified

by the way... just to confirm the fault, reset the boiler andturn on a demand, does the fan fault light appear after a few seconds without the fan actually spinning?

yes this was happening, replay replaced on pcb noe pump light flashing. Have changed pump relay but light still flashing pump not kicking in but was previously

Ah I see! I've had this before too, the board will only display one fault at a time so if you have something else wrong you'll not know till you fix the first one. Reset the boiler completely and put on a demand. Check that the pump is running then check the pump proving switch is making (it's probably not) I can't remember if it has two green wire or two red wires going to it but it's the one that DOESN'T make when you run a tap. If that'r right you'll need to drop the pressure out of the boiler and strip/clean the switch. If you're lucky it'll just be seized but if not it'll need a diaphragm but they're only a few quid anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back