Baxi 80E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the maximum flue length on this boiler using two 90 degree bends?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Is that meant to be a Potterton Puma 80E ?

Sponsored Links
sime10 said:
Manufacturers Instructions

Chucked out,

Not DIY flue boiler been in several years but extension being built at back and flue needs to pass throught the extension.

4. Maximum permissible equivalent flue lengths are:-
80e
Concentric 5m
Vertical 4m
Vertical Two-Pipe 15m

5. Any additional "in line" bends in the flue system must be taken into consideration. Their equivalent lengths are:-

Concentric Pipes:

45 ° bend 0.5 metres

90° bend 1.0 metres

Twin Flue Pipe

45 ° bend 0.25 metres

90 ° bend 0.50 metres

The elbow supplied with the standard horizontal flue is not included in any equivalent length calculations

Sourced from partsarena.com/baxi

Catalog » Baxi » Boiler » Combi » Combi 80E (GC No. 4707506) » Installation Instructions » Baxi 105e / 80e

I wonder where he is going to get these flue parts and which CORGI is going to fit them for him!

Tony

Agile said:
I wonder where he is going to get these flue parts and which CORGI is going to fit them for him!

Tony
With a potential run of as little as 2m they will be likely sourced by the CORGI that will now have to move his boiler for him!

As Baxi 80e has a fan speed of 4000rpm it will push the gases out at about 121.3 mile per hour if you have two 45 degree bends in the flue system each bend will slow the gas speed down by 25 mph. Each extra metre lenth will slow it down another 10.4 mph so so far you have slowed the gases down to 40.1 mph which is now so slow that if a robin sits on the end of the flue and farts you will get negative pressure, which is in violation of corgi rules and of course this is assuming it isnt a bigger bird as fat birds fart more, So the answer to your question is this BANG IT IN

:LOL:

Agile said:
Why? It's obvious to everyone that he's going to get them from HRPC (or similar) and that he's going to fit them himself. Isn't it?

Softus said:
Agile said:
Why? It's obvious to everyone that he's going to get them from HRPC (or similar) and that he's going to fit them himself. Isn't it?

I wouldn`t stay up all night worrying about it mate, he`s not stealing plumbers work, maybe gas fitters, so I wouldn`t be too upset ;) not until you are qualified to spout the regulations regarding gas fitters( which you are not)

I don't see anyone spouting here, but any member of the public can read, understand and quote the legislation, which, BTW, doesn't use the term "gas fitter". :rolleyes:

Softus said:
any member of the public :rolleyes:

As long as you understand in matters of Gas & Gas Safety you are a Member of the Public. ;)& from now on you will not be allowed to advise on safety issues regarding or pertaining to gas issues.Because at the end of the day you are unqualified to do so.

Bamber gaspipe said:
As long as you understand in matters of Gas & Gas Safety you are a Member of the Public.
That's merely your opinion, and, as per usual, you're wrong.

It amuses me that you think you're in a position to dictate who on the forum can, and who cannot, advise on any matter under the sun.

Nothing has changed - personally, I've always been open about the fact that I'm not an RGI, but an RGI is no more qualified than any member of the public, or any plumber, or any heating engineer, to interpret the legislation pertaining to gas.

Notwithstanding that, you appear not to be qualified to advise because you appear not to have read the relevant legislation, or to have understood it, or both.

Moreover, you've persistently lied about where you live, and your personal background, and therefore cannot be trusted by the people you claim to be "qualified" to advise. Where's Anne Robinson when her country needs her? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back