Baxi back boiler kettling and banging - best action?

Sponsored Links
f##k sake son answer the basic question you have been asked as in when its banging and when water shoots out pipe. People are not asking for the fun of it

Is £360 a reasonable quote for a power flush?

Without knowing how many rads thats difficult to say. Typically £300 in London.

But most power flushers dont touch the boiler.

Power flushing will not correct wrongly installed pipework.

You said you dont want the be fleeced but you are apparently intending to fleece yourself.

It would be a very bold engineer who refused to do a power flush if it was not required when the customer had asked for it.

Tony

How would it be a bold engineer it maybe one who is able to diagnose the actaul fault when he gets there . MAny many powerflushes are wrongly sold and done

Sponsored Links
youve asked for the best action

The best action is to take the thing out and replace it

If your lucky youre getting 55% efficency .....

Get a new boiler, cut your gas bill and stop trying to chuck good money after bad ... at some stage this dinosaur will need replacing

Your boiler is old and inefficient but repairable like the system.

All you need is a competent engineer to diagnose the problems.

Rushing into getting an expensive power flush is not the best solution!

Tony

Sorry but i have answered most questions and dont appreciate your internet tone.

The noise is mainly when the boiler cuts out, but it builds up to it, getting gradually worse.

Ive not been in the loft yet as ive been working away from home and didnt get back til late last night.

There are 10 rads.

I figured whatever the problem, the system would need a good flush regardless as the rads are bunged up?

Any help would be appreciated.

Though i cant afford to rip it out and spend 2k plus at the minute as the wife is on maternity so not getting a second wage.

Do you really think you are best placed to decide how to deal with your problem compared with pros who work on heating for a living?

But it is your house and your money and its your choice.

But search for the threads on here where they have had a power flush and the symptoms remain.

Pumping over can sludge up a system and pinhole rads in days!

Tony

No, thats why i came on here, to get advice. Thanks for explaining why a powerflush wouldnt help in this situation.

I will get up in the loft and have a listen and watch the pipe and report back.

I do appreciate the advice, just dont appreciate the swearing and insults when im just asking a question and have answered most that have been asked of me.

I am not saying a flush is not required, it probably is!

But only as one part of a repair plan!

Tony

Agile

Most boilers can be repaired as you seem to keep banging on about

But there comes a time when the best advice is to ditch the boiler and get a new boiler

Most prob the only way that this will be cured is to flush with Ferroquest and then he can say goodbye to the rest of the system after a few months IMHO

Forget the whys and whats ... what do you think is the best advice ... that is what his 1st question was and I cant see that the qustion has changed

My advice is again ......... get a new boiler, cut your gas bill and get the correct boiler and you should get a minimum of a 5 year warranty rather than being back in the same postion in 2 years having spent a needless amount of money on very old boiler

Most BBUs are still working 25 years later. You cannot say that about current boiler designs.

He says he cannot afford £2500 to replace it so a repair is his only option.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back