baxi basket fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How long has the metal liner been in, then it would depend on the condition of the flue if you took it out. Assume it has been tested OK.
When you say most of the fires you like are class1, can you show an example.

Sponsored Links
According to the web site you can connect to a class 2 flue, using their gatherhood.

You going to put it up the wall.

Have Fun :LOL:

Sponsored Links
yes up the wall, I have knocked all the the front of the fireplace out, and have a hove in it, where all my A/V cables will go, so will have to use a type2 , will have to get some kind of ridged angle pipe, to fix to the the flexi liner. as the lintel is in the way when I move the fire up the wall, do you know any good places I can get some ridged pipe from.

Darren

Ridged pipe? Do you mean rigid?

You need a new flue liner, and you connect it to either the firebox of the gatherhood. Corgi job, naturally. I woudl want the full installation instructions before dooing anything.

I think I may have to get something fabricated, as It will be quite a sharp kick, from the gather hood, to the flexi.

I can get something directly fabricated to the gather hood, then there will be no joins, it will just be like part of the gather hood.

Darren

And it will not conform to the manufacturer's instructions so someone like me would have to stick a big red
DO NOT USE - PENALTY £5000 label on it! Have speaks with manufacturer and if they sanction any adaptor, get it in writing!

well the type 2 rigid flues do kick quite a bit, but I did expect a reply like that from here, the old leave it to the corg, as per norm, no I dont know better, but I know they do a 45 degree header, so so you would not put your £5000 on it, well you would! I have seen some rigid to flexi adapters? have you not?

please sir what is the 600 rule? or is it a secret?

Darren

And yes I will get advise and be all checked by a man or woman with an Orange badge on there business card.

The bit which brings out the red labels is the word "fabricated". Everything you (or a corgi) use must be as specified, or permitted, by the manufacturer. Nobody has said anything about who does the work! SO its not the same old answer and your comment is not justified!

The 600mm thing is for OF boilers; the flue has to be vertical that length above the draught diverter, sure as hell isn't the case for radiant/convecting gas fires though!

No but I wouldn't call it a boiler either! The 600 rule would also apply to water heaters , range cookers , warm air.. but not fires I think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back