BAXI BOILER HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler light is on, but not firing up when I turn the heating on, It will fire up for a few mins when I turn on water and then goes off, The little control panel seems fine, Ive checked all fuses I can find and they seemm fine.

It seems an old boiler, but any help would be great before I have to call someone out.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
My boiler light is on, but not firing up when I turn the heating on, It will fire up for a few mins when I turn on water and then goes off, The little control panel seems fine, Ive checked all fuses I can find and they seemm fine.

It seems an old boiler, but any help would be great before I have to call someone out.

Cheers

Sounds lke boiler stat, have it checked.

1) Boiler make / model (gas or oil)
Its Gas, A baxi boiler but not sure what model I will try to find it now. Its a pretty old boiler

2) What is / is not happening.
The boiler has started to fire up when I turn on water, But does nothing when I turn on heater

3) Has ANYTHING else been done or changed recently.
Nothing has been done yet, and nothing has been changed, It was serviced in August

4) When did the problem start?
Friday/Saturday

5) When does it happen? eg, heating coming on or going off.

6) Anything else you feel may be of relevance.
Ive checked fuses, and im fecking freezing

7)Please remember we are only seeing what you type and not the job !!
I am privately renting this house, so I am trying to get hold of letting agents, so far no luck, Please can u help lol

Sponsored Links
Precise model would be quite essential.
When you got that, download both user and service manual.
Start off with setting all controls to max for the moment including radiator valves.

Check that it is spinning and not stuck and/or there is 240V to the pump connections.

See FAQs on how to check a pump.

im about to check the pump, should it be spinning if water is on? or should it only be spinning if heating on?

If that is the dreaded bermuda, the very first thing you should do is check your CO tester. Second job is to verify your gas safety certificate, aka landlord certificate aka cp12.
There must be one of these, VALID and CURRENT, tenant is entitled to a copy by law, no ifs or buts.
If you have not been supplied with one of these, contact CORGI, council department that deals with rented accommodations of private landlords, and environmental health without delay.
2 out of 3 of these are dangerous due to poor maintenance; fume spillage into the room, and carbon monoxide production are common.
If you have felt drowsy, nautious or otherwise unwell in the room with the backboiler, do not use at all.

Letting agent and nobody contractible sounds like trouble, you should always be able to get hold of someone if there is an emergency. Can you contact landlord directly?

If that is the dreaded bermuda, the very first thing you should do is check your CO tester. Second job is to verify your gas safety certificate, aka landlord certificate aka cp12.
There must be one of these, VALID and CURRENT, tenant is entitled to a copy by law, no ifs or buts.
If you have not been supplied with one of these, contact CORGI, council department that deals with rented accommodations of private landlords, and environmental health without delay.
2 out of 3 of these are dangerous due to poor maintenance; fume spillage into the room, and carbon monoxide production are common.
If you have felt drowsy, nautious or otherwise unwell in the room with the backboiler, do not use at all.

Letting agent and nobody contractible sounds like trouble, you should always be able to get hold of someone if there is an emergency. Can you contact landlord directly?

I have the certificate, its dated 21/5/07. I have phoned the letting agents office and it gives me a mobile number for out of hours contact, However, that number is off.

I cannot contact the landlord directly as I have no contact details. I have a carbon monoxide alarm in kitchen near boiler.

I appretiate your help, I will contact the office first thing in the morning, My main concern is my 3 year old daughter. Its pretty cold. :(

pump seems fine, making a noise so I assume its running, turned to number 2/3 etc and sounded as if it were going faster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back