BAXI BOILER HELP

Ben, it's the predecessor of the Solo.

predecessor :eek: blimey, what did that run on, Zeppelin gas? :D

Does it have a name? For some reason, there don’t seem to be a lot of solos in my area, and doubt that I have seen a lot of it’s dads so to speak.
[/i]

Sponsored Links
pump seems fine, making a noise so I assume its running, turned to number 2/3 etc and sounded as if it were going faster.

Then it'll be a motorised valve that is not opening.

You can open them manually,if you can find it.

Might be close to the pump it may be a Honeywell in which case it will be a gray box on the pipework with a small lever at the side which you move to the 'manual' position or it may be another type such as a Danfoss in which case you have to remove the power head and turn the valve by hand or pliers.

You might have to leave your heating programmer switched to 'hot water' or 'hot water only' and if there is a cylinder stat you may have to temporarily remove if from the cylinder.

Could still be the pump though,is it 'red hot to touch'?

And, I mean burning hot.

BTW,this is an old boiler but your boiler is working fine.

Ben, it's the predecessor of the Solo.

predecessor :eek: blimey, what did that run on, Zeppelin gas? :D

Does it have a name? For some reason, there don’t seem to be a lot of solos in my area, and doubt that I have seen a lot of it’s dads so to speak.
[/i]

It's an old wall mounted boiler.Pretty decent too.

I had one way back in 1984 or thereabouts.

That is it's name WM means wall mounted.

:)

check for water in header tank as a lot of these boilers were fitted on gravity H/W, empty header tank = no circulation.

Sponsored Links
pump seems fine, making a noise so I assume its running, turned to number 2/3 etc and sounded as if it were going faster.

Then it'll be a motorised valve that is not opening.

You can open them manually,if you can find it.

Might be close to the pump it may be a Honeywell in which case it will be a gray box on the pipework with a small lever at the side which you move to the 'manual' position or it may be another type such as a Danfoss in which case you have to remove the power head and turn the valve by hand or pliers.

You might have to leave your heating programmer switched to 'hot water' or 'hot water only' and if there is a cylinder stat you may have to temporarily remove if from the cylinder.

Could still be the pump though,is it 'red hot to touch'?

And, I mean burning hot.

BTW,this is an old boiler but your boiler is working fine.

Thanks, The pump itself is red hot, and I touched it it burnt my finger eniugh to give a loud `feck` lol

Managed to contact the agents and they will send someone out tomorrow so I will leave it as it is, I will update you on what the problem was and thank you all for your help.

Would the pump being red hot mean its the problem? I thought it was normal as hot water is running through it, I didnt tempt to bleed the pump due to it being so hot and thought id burn myself If I opened the screw to far or to quickly.

No the pump is more than likely knacked.

The impeller isn't moving but the motor is which is why it is red hot.

You probably on gravity hot water and pumped heating which is why the hot water is ok.

No the pump is more than likely knacked.

The impeller isn't moving but the motor is which is why it is red hot.

You probably on gravity hot water and pumped heating which is why the hot water is ok.

or its airlocked.

Finally got someone out, and finally got heating.

It was the motorised box next to pump not turning water on, to heating on etc. He said that they probably cant get that box these days but will still look for one, in the meantime they have knocked up a handle which allows me to turn in manually.

However, the boiler still doesnt fire up when you turn heating on from the control box, it does come on when you turn water on tho so im not cold but have called them back to check that its still ok.

Your thoughts?

Finally got someone out, and finally got heating.

It was the motorised box next to pump not turning water on, to heating on etc. He said that they probably cant get that box these days but will still look for one, in the meantime they have knocked up a handle which allows me to turn in manually.

However, the boiler still doesnt fire up when you turn heating on from the control box, it does come on when you turn water on tho so im not cold but have called them back to check that its still ok.

Your thoughts?

See my post above.

You need the hot water on because the MV is done in but it is opened so it will let water through when the hot water switches on the boiler/pump and etc.

BTW,sounds like a tail re no valve available.Probably just the motor that need replaced in any event.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back