Baxi Boiler HW problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a baxi combi boiler.

The water down stairs is really hot, but not as hot upstairs.

I found a valve under the boiler which seems to reduce the flow of hot water, i have therefore reduced the flow at the boiler, and on the mains tap, as the force of water is quite high through the mains aswell.

Although the force of the water is now reduced, i.e. shower not as powerful. The water seems to have got hotter upstairs.

will reducing the water flow at the boiler cause any problems, as i noticed the noise the boiler makes has now changed (quite squealing noise)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check in manual what flow rate should be & set it at the correct rate do not attempt to get hotter water by cheating as your boiler will suffer

how can you set it at a rate, all i did was close the valve slightly, it didnt have any gauges on it or anything.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Try looking in manual if it says 9litres per min then time how long it takes to fill a bucket or large jug if flow rate is too slow adjust with tap you used to slow it down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back