Baxi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi 80 Eco Combination boiler in the house I have recently moved into and I need to get the boiler recommissioned following the last owners repossession and subsequent 'drain down' of the central heating system.

I have two questions.

Firstly, is it still legal to be installing this kind of boiler? And if not, when was it made illegal? My plumber, who has only given it a quick glance, says that combination boilers are only legal to install if they are condensing boilers. Apparently this boiler might not be a condensing boiler.

Secondly, a boiler engineer has told me that the flue clamp has split and needs to be replaced before it can be recommissioned. He's not familiar with the boiler and was unable to quote for replacing this part. Does anyone have any experience of this kind of boiler? Is the flue clamp easy to source and fit?

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

Sponsored Links
It all depends when the boiler was fitted I think from memory it became illegall to fit standard efficiency boiler's after April 2005
If your boiler is a condensing unit then you should have no worries and I would expect to be able to source any spare parts for it
I suggest you get a decent competent rgi to investigate it for you further

Just had a look at the manual for your boiler and if you are certain the details you have provided are correct then your boiler is of the non condensing variety
However the parts for your boiler should still be widely available

Sponsored Links
If the boiler was already in there on wall there isn't any problem.

Even if it's a new boiler that has never been used and it's cheap
get it put in no body cares or will check up on you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back