Baxi Combi 105e - Fault on Fan or Flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was wondering if some kind person could give some advice on an ongoing problem we are having with our boiler. When you run the hot tap or switch on the central heating the boiler very rarely fires straight away. It makes a whirring noise over and over again as it attempts to light . Sometimes it lights after only a few attempts, but other times it continues to try but the fault on Fan or Flue neon begins to flash. Normally it will light..... but this can take some time! This is obviously more of a pain with the hot water because it can take a couple of mins to get any. Occasionally you will have to turn the tap/central heating off and leave it for a few mins before trying it again. Any suggestions on what it may be/cost to repair/if i can do it myself or need to get someone in? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Intermittent fault like this could probably have a dozen different causes. Has it been serviced regularly?

It had a service about 6 months ago. We mentioned this problem to the plumber but he wasn't sure exactly where the problem was as the fan and flue appeared to be fine. It was working ok that day. Hence trying to see if anyone else has come across this issue :)

Sponsored Links
Air pressureswitch would be the most likely or blocked/damaged venturi.
If it was getting into ignition sequence the left hand neon only would flash

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back