Baxi Combi 105e - Hot water problem.

you will get a gas safty cert from any gas safe listed ,price will cost you any thing from £35 to £85 depending on were you live and the company you call just ask for a gas safe cert it make no diferance who fitted the boiler they only check the gas is safe

Sponsored Links
Hi

As it happens I'm the DIY person in the house and my husband dose the cooking.

Can you help guys?

My Baxi Combi 105e is 3 years old. All was fine until 6 months ago when pressure started to creep up on a gauge
(even to 3.5 bar-I had to use safety valve to release it) and water running hot and cold.

Boiler is always set to CH and HW. CH is run by thermostat located in a f

When shower or any other mixer tap is on, boiler fires up and I will get hot water for 20 seconds
then boiler cuts off-water gets cold all in an endless cycle. None of the boiler neons are flashing indicating any faults.

Water pressure in taps and shower has not changed since I had this problem.

Last time CH system was flashed was 18 months ago and some inhibiter added. Apparently we do have hard water down here.
Which parts of the boiler can be affected and possibly need replacing?
As far as I know boiler has been installed by an engineer however not corgi registered. How can I have this boiler certified ?
I want to be save but don't want to get to any trouble. I will call the plumber promise.

Thank you very much for any good ideas. :)
Kasia

You say that you live in a hard water area.
The only way the hard water releases it's limescale deposits is by being boiled and once it's been boiled it won't leave anymore of it's deposits behind (so the sealed ch heating system side of your boiler is okay).
However, the problem is that on the hot water side of your combi it is continually heating up fresh hard water directly from your cold mains and everytime this happens it leaves a limescale deposit behind in the plate heat exchanger.
Hence powerflushing the heating won't make any difference to your current problem.
Once the problem is fixed I would look at either fitting a water softner or moving entirely away from a combi system of HW/CH to cure the problem once and for all.
Servotech,

Thomasw, is you second name Rip Van Winkle? Why are you replying to a 5 year old post and what does CORGI have to do with someone in POLAND?

Sponsored Links
you will get a gas safty cert from any gas safe listed ,price will cost you any thing from £35 to £85 depending on were you live and the company you call just ask for a gas safe cert it make no diferance who fitted the boiler they only check the gas is safe

Please can you make sure you stay in Liverpool or even better, get onto one of the many boats that leave that city every day and stop trying to annoy all the poor sods here who pay for their qualifications!?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back