Baxi Combi 80 issue - firing on and off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could anyone advise what might be the cause of the issue I'm having with my combi boiler.

I had the heating on over night, and when I came to switch the heating off at the timer control, it wouldn't turn off.

So I turned it off at the Selector knob, and tried turning it on again. The pump worked fine, but it wasn't firing up. So I pressed the reset button on the timer unit and the pump spluttered a bit.

Where I am at now, the boiler will switch on and operate fine via the Selector knob and also the timer control apart from the fact that after the pump activates, the gas will fire up for literally 2 seconds then extinguish off again. After about 15 seconds, it will try again (the pump running all the time), gas fires up and extinguishes again - this is the cycle it does until it is manually switched off.

Any ideas please just so I know what kind of job is involved so it may match close to what a call out engineer will determine it could be.

cheers

Sponsored Links
can anyone help pls - i can provide more info if needed now that i'm at home with the boiler still with the same symptoms

It seems to be a combustion issue which we dont advise on on this forum.

You could check that the flue is clear and not blocked by ice or snow!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back