Baxi combi 80e fault on ch sensor flashing light.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We turned the boiler to hw only over the summer because a few times before I noticed that the boiler would get up to full temp with the tap on then the ch sensor fault light would flash and water would become stone cold. I reset it and left it (approx 5 mins) and the light would eventually go out and the hot water would work again. We turned the temp dial down and set it to hw only and it seemed to solve the problem.
We turned the boiler back to ch/hw over the weekend and this morning I noticed that the washing hadn't dried on the rad so checked the boiler and the ch sensor fault light was again flashing. I tried reset but the light came back on so I turned off the boiler and waited 5 mins. I turned the boiler on and put the heating on, the boiler started up and ignited and the temp lights started to come on. It got up to 40 then the boiler shut off and the light flashed again. I tried several times but to no avail.
I popped home at lunch when the heating should be on. The rads were warmish. I checked the boiler and again the light was flashing and every time I reset it, it would get to 40 then shut off. The boiler is 10/11 yrs old and I need to know if this problem sounds fixable or not.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Totally repairable and a new sensor is less than £20.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back