Baxi combi 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baxi combi boiler model 80eco, intermittent fault on the PCB. Boiler sometimes fails to fire up when hot water tap opened or when heating set on timer. After checking the PCB I found that if I unscrew the cover and leave the PCB hanging down on it's hinges it works fine, but as soon as it is closed back up it starts to fail again. The only way to get it working then is to turn off the power and wait 10 minutes before switching back on, this works for about 30 minutes before failing again.
I have tried re-soldering all the joints on the PCB, but still the same. All electrical connections appear to be fine.
The problem started about a month ago but is getting worst.
Anyone come across this or similar, or anyone got any ideas.
We have been in touch with Baxi who want £300 to come out, and try to fix.

Sponsored Links
I've had a quick look at everything else, and all appears to being working ok. I think it is the PCB as every time I drop this down the boiler runs fine, but as soon as I closed it the problems start again.
Then again, I suppose by having the PCB hanging down is also allowing air movement around the rest of the boiler, any parts of which could also be affected by a build up of heat?

I think that we have read about a similar problem on this forum with that boiler.

Trouble is I dont remember what if any fix was found.

Sometimes the crimped wire connections have been made without removing all the insulation.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Had this several times with baxi boards leave them hanging so to speak they work put panel back in correct position it stops, new board req

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back