Baxi Instant 80 HE fan/flue fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've read quite a lot on the forums about baxi fan/flue faults but the majority seem to be about the 105 rather than 80. My boiler started to fail intermitantly a week ago with the fan/flue warning light. The boiler would fire, run for a while then cut out. It would try to re-fire and would either eventually work, or put the error light on and stop. After re-setting it would sometimes work again. Now it's completely failed and won't fire up at all. The Fan/flue light comes on as soon as you turn on the boiler. I've read all the threads about PCB failures so removed the PCB and checked the solder and everything looks OK (it's a siemens PCB, were older baxi pcb's in house?) so not sure whether to just buy another PCB or check for other failures?

Dave

Sponsored Links
Could you explain what that does and any other symptoms / ways to check it?

More info that I meant to include - the fan is running fine all of the time.

Its a safety device which checks that the fan is running and the flue is not blocked.

But as a safety device it should only be changed by a competent person i.e. CORGI registered who can also correctly diagnose the actual problem.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back