Baxi combi gone crazy!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, just wondered if anyone could hazard a guess at whether the following is likely to be a major expense, if fixable at all..........

I have a baxi combi 80Eco, no idea how old.

I had it serviced last year and the circuit board changed following a small leak inside the unit.

This years problem.....The temp control on the heating is not working...when the heating is turned on it is full blast only.
The hot water will only come on when the heating is turned on but is itself temp controllable still.

Before I call someone out I'd like a rough idea of possible causes as previously I've been advised that I need to change the whole unit....and that was without the plumber even taking the cover off

:eek:

ps...if my shower was working I prob wouldn't be worrying about this till at least Sept!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like 2 separate faults.

The Hw fault is most likely to be the hw diahragm. Quick and easy repair.

Has the CH problem happened since the PCB was replaced? Could be as simple as the dial has been pushed into the PCB the wrong way round.

Boiler is definately repairable, anyone who cant fix a baxi combi shouldnt be near a boiler imo.

Could be as simple as the dial has been pushed into the PCB the wrong way round.

good point,i been to one were that was the problem

Most common fault on the eco when heating is full blast and only controlable by turning selector switch on boiler to off is the microswitch on the front of the water section is bust and stuck in the on position.
cost about 14 quid

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back