Baxi Duotec no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baxi Duotec no hot water. CH working fine but when hot tap is run burner not lighting. No error code shown on display.

Sponsored Links
Is this a new istallation ? Has the hot water ever worked ?.......If yes and no....Check the cold main and D.H.W outlet are not crossed.Check if red L.E.D is illuminated on hall effect sensor on top of inlet valve is on when dhw is in demand.

Sponsored Links
No flow switch on this one.

Either as baxmax said the hot/cold are crossed (or crossed further down stream) or possible pcb fault if boiler doesn't fire or produce an error code.......but my guess is crossed pipes

I have seen literally hundreds of duo tecs.

Only ever replaced 3 HES.......reseated a few that were not on properly tho too.

If the boiler has been recently fitted and doesn't show a demand for water it is almost certainly crossed hot/cold. HES easily tested. Remove and run a magnet inside it.....if it lights it is crossed piework

I have seen literally hundreds of duo tecs.

Only ever replaced 3 HES.......reseated a few that were not on properly tho too.

If the boiler has been recently fitted and doesn't show a demand for water it is almost certainly crossed hot/cold. HES easily tested. Remove and run a magnet inside it.....if it lights it is crossed piework

Hard water plays hell with them if no limescale reducer fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back